amazon

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Sexuality and Culture

The world we live in today is not the same as when our parents were growing up, things have definitely changed. The modern society has become more tolerant of other cultures and we seem to growing into one global society with diverse sub-cultures.

Ricky Martin? Now  I must really be a late bloomer well I guess I've always been kind of slow.
I had no idea he was gay, not that it makes any difference to me or my perception of him. I ‘m not a great fan of his music but my sister and some of her friends love him. So I guess naturally I just thought of him as a heartbreaker, the ladies man like Usher or Robin Thicke. 

The gay and lesbian community has grown substantially both locally and internationally. I have many gay and lesbian friends some of which I grew up with, only for them to realize their true identity much later in their lives. I’ve spoken to them about some of the difficulties of discovering who they really are and how they were able to come out, especially to their parents. The most common answer I received was that “mom knew”, It was the rest of the family that was more tricky to deal with. There is a  gay blog that I came across and it covers a variety of topics such as, ”swinging, would you try it if your partner asked you to” , ”where do you see yourself in ten years time” , ”Emotional attration over physical attraction", just to name a few, but still the theme of the blog remains gay life. 

Its fantastic overall very informative and interesting read as it touches on topics of common interest, but also those that affect the gay and lesbian community in particular.

Check it out here



1 comment:

PATRICIA KIMBERLY said...

Herbalife Review is a good sound company that makes good healthy products. The fall back is that it is multi-level marketing, so be careful of sales pitches to join the company Herbalife Review and sell the product. You may be able to find an independent distributor that is understanding that all you want Herbalife Review to order and nothing more. Usually Herbalife Review is not the case.